TRAVELING WITH A PUP 101
This past Christmas season our family (including Mila) in Florida and that meant taking her with us on the plane. After this past trip Mila is a professional flyer haha she has flown 6 times!! So I thought I would share with you guys some tips and tricks to flying with your own pup!
1. Plan ahead. While you are booking your flight you may want to check with the airline to see if there is enough room for your pup. Example: JetBlue allows 4 animals per flight.
2. Research each airline. They all have different requirements and regulations for pet travel. Example each airline charges different fees and most of the time they can be paid at the time of check in.
3. Before you purchase a super cute pet carrier make sure you get the right dimensions! All dimensions can be found on the airline's website.
4. Straight thru Flights only. Although it may be tempting to purchase a connecting flight because of the price, don't. It isn't worth it. Traveling with your pet can be pretty stressful for them, you want to make it as easy and comfortable as possible.
5. Don't forget to pack some treats from your pup. When it is time to board and get into our seats I always sneak Mila a couple of treats to distract her while we prepare for take off. This helps her relax and take a nap easier. Geez...isn't Mila spoiled haha!
HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY!