SOFIA ELIZABETH : PREGNANCY - 8 THINGS LEARNED
On Sunday July 22nd, 2018 the most precious little baby girl was born, my niece, Sofia Elizabeth! She made her debut at 10:18 am weighing in at 7lbs 15 oz and 21 inches long.
Meet my sister, Niza, she is my younger sister and the baby of the family. Growing up she always looked to my experiences and was able to learn from them, but this time she was the guinea pig! I must say I have loved learning from her pregnancy but when I saw her under go pre-labor and labor I wish I could have been first. But boy, was I impressed by her strength, courage, and love for her baby girl!
My sister was so kind enough to share with me 8 things she learned and/or wish she would have done during her pregnancy, here they are:
1. DON'T STRESS : Each week something new is happening to you and your baby, take everything you read and hear with a grain of salt. Hold onto the positive experiences and learn from them. Don't dwell or develop a fear over worst case scenarios. Every pregnancy/labor is different and someone's horrific story might not be your own and if it is....IT WILL BE OK.
2. BIRTH PLAN : Have a birth plan, but remember that is all that it is...A PLAN. We all know plans are to guide us but it is the Lord who establishes our steps. In the end or right from the beginning things may not go as you had thought, planned, or hoped but it is ok because God is the one who has written your labor story and how it turns out is exactly how it was supposed to be. "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9 "Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:16
3. STAY ACTIVE : THIS IS PROBABLY THE HARDEST ONE at least it was for me. But will help you so much during your later months/weeks of pregnancy as well as build stamina for labor. Because towards the end there will be days where you can't get up out of bed or up from the sofa...the struggle is real in those last weeks! If you were never into fitness no biggie, a daily 10-15 minute walk is perfect for you and the baby!
4. DOULA : Thinking about hiring a Doula...do it...but interview more than one person, ask for references, and make sure your personalities match well.
Product Must Halves Post Pregnancy :
6. Dermoplast Pain Relieving Cream (Shop Here) - a must for vaginal births!
7. Depends (Shop Here) - the hospital ones are awful, bring your own!
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127: 3