5 BENEFITS OF WAKING UP EARLY
"She rises while it is yet night..." Proverbs 31:15
"She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants." Proverbs 31:15
I often find myself reading Proverbs 31 over and over–several times a week/month–it is such a beautiful reminder of what the Lord requires of us as wives/women/young ladies. This particular verse stands out to me as it demonstrates how much can be done in the morning before we go to work or have to get ready to start our day.
Growing up since I can remember my mom would always be up before me and when I would go to bed she would be up–when I was young I literally thought my mom never slept! I would always nag her begging her to go to sleep, I thought she was sleep deprived! (I was the type that cherished sleep–enjoying every bit of it haha) But immediately after being married I understood my mother's ways completely...now after two years of being married I would choose waking up an hour early than sleeping in for an extra hour. I love mornings; I love waking up and taking my time to wake up. I love brewing up our morning coffee, spending time reading the word, cleaning up the house if needed, tackling morning emails, checking my agenda and fixing Mike breakfast. By the time Mike wakes up, my morning has already started which allows me to be 100% dedicated to him. I love this time just as much! As it allows me to have quality time with him. (no rushing, no running late, no stress!)
Below I am sharing 5 benefits of starting your mornings bright and early atleast 1 hour before you get ready for work/day.
1. MORE TIME TO SPEND WITH CHRIST–READING AND STUDYING HIS WORD. "The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7
2. MORE TIME TO WAKE UP & ENJOY YOUR COFFEE. One of my sister's favorite things to do in the morning is to sip on her freshly brewed cup of coffee while reading her bible in her sitting room or patio.
3. MORE TIME TO MAKE A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Often when we set goals to lose weight or eat better our choice on what we choose to eat for breakfast can determine what the rest of our choices will be like. Example: If I have donuts for breakfast most likely for lunch I will make an unhealthy choice because I will tell myself, "Well, today will be my cheat day I'll start back up tomorrow." Before we know it tomorrow never comes.
4. MORE TIME TO GET A QUICK WORKOUT IN. Take a walk. Go for a Run. or Hit the Gym. I have never met anyone who feels awful after a morning workout. It's an instant energy booster!
5. ORGANIZE, PLAN & SET GOALS. This extra time is perfect to get yourself back on track, get ahead or keep up with your set goals. I love to plan out my weeks, looking at your daily/weekly schedule will help you live a more organized life.
All in all, our desire in life should be "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." God should/needs to be number one in our lives, he sees our hearts, actions and thoughts. Everything we do should be with a happy and joyful heart. If you are not a morning person, pray that the Lord may work in you for the last thing we want is to be a grouch in the morning and do things with a bad attitude. ♡ I pray you have a wonderful day, with so much love, Nioby.