OUT OF TOWN GUESTS
This past year as been filled with so many visitors, our hearts have been so happy to have been able to host an abundance of family and friends! "But hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined" Titus 1:8
Here is what we have learned:
1. Hotels : Think of when you are staying at a hotel and all that they have to offer: comfy pillows, comfy bedding and crisp white towels.
2. Bedding : Because it is winter time and the weather tends to be crisp and chilly in the evenings, I swapped out the quit for the down comforter. But for the guest preference I also, had the quilt readily available at the foot of the bed.
3. Pillows : Ask yourself, would you sleep with those pillows? If not, time to get new ones!
4. Candles : Have one fresh scented candle in the room and bathroom. Nothing too potent but soft enough to make the room smell inviting.
5. Fresh flowers. Fresh flowers are a must, they give a warm welcoming and inviting feel.
6. Full Length Mirror. If possible have a full length mirror displayed in either the bedroom or bathroom.
7. Have a welcoming gift ready for them, because Fredericksburg is a historic town I like to include books about the city and a guide of fun things to do.
8. Thankfulness. On the night stand, have a hand written thank you card, thanking them for making the effort to visit you and hoping they enjoy their stay.
Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere in a post recommended staying in the guest bedroom, feel out the pillows and mattress to make sure it is a comfortable stay. See post here.
Bathroom -Toiletries. Your guest may have already brought all of their essential toiletries but just incase make sure you have plenty of toilet paper, clean towels, brand new toothpaste and tooth brush, shampoo & conditioner, body wash, razors, qtips, and aspirin.
Kitchen - The goal is to make them feel like they are home away from home. Have some of there favorite drinks and snacks available in the fridge and pantry.